The course is open. No buggies. The winter tee mat will be in use on the 5th.
Thank you. (updated 26 October at 06:48)
Astbury Gizmo - UNOFFICIAL Course Handicap Calculator - desktop PC's only, or mobile devices if you have google sheets installed.
This little gizmo will Work Out Your "Course Handicap" For Astbury or for any other Course.
Take An example.
1. You can click here to look up the slope and details of any course "you are visiting" there is also a link in the Gizmo. The calculator knows these details for Astbury already.
2. Take Astbury for example, which has slope 131 from the Men's white tees. i.e. it's harder than the Standard course.
3 You can use the calculator to estimate what your Handicap Index would roughly be (it will be less than your current handicap because Astbury is harder than the standard course).
4. And lastly to see what you would "play off" on other courses
- * Use the calculator to estimate your current handicap index. Then try some interesting slopes on other courses.
- * Championship tees at Wychwood Park - Slope is 151 ! Try it.
- * US Open at Pebble Beach - Slope is 147 !
- * Sandbach Golf Club - Slope is 114
- * Look up any course and try it click on slope and details
5. Only one person can use the Gizmo at a time so please tick the green box to indicate you are using it - the box will go red and then untick the red box when finished.